|The Ontario Region will hold it’s AGM on September 10, 2022. at the Oneida Working Dog Club located at|
662 Hazel road
Southwold ON, N0L 2G0
Reports and Financials have been emailed to all current Ontario members in good standing for your review before the meeting.
Ontario Regional Board
These teams are traveling to the WUSV in Denmark September 2022
- Jurgen Fisher,
- Eric LeBlanc,
- Dominic Scarberry,
- Kordula Juhnke and
- Alexei Tourkine
Tickets for this draw will be available in person on Saturday 27 at the TOP Open Training Day, and also to anyone that can’t be there but would like to help support the team. Online donations accepted. You can etransfer Shandra.firstname.lastname@example.org or pay cash at the event.
The Draw will be held on September 5. Shandra will go live and draw the winning ticket.
Funds will be delivered to the winner via e-transfer.
- 3 Tickets for $5
- 7 Tickets for $10
- Arm length for $20
- 100 Tickets for $50
Go Team Canada!
Make your plans for the Canadian German Shepherd Dog Championships and Sieger Show – “The Nationals” for short.
Information, Hotel Registration, and trial and show registration is available on the website. http://2022.gsscc.ca/
Because of the restrictions imposed by Covid and the general difficulty of hosting of trials that this created, dog/handler teams may compete for and advance to the next level at this event; i.e. an existing IGP1 can compete for and advance to IGP2. This is an exception for this year.
We look forward to seeing you there.
Hello Ontario members,
As seen in the latest GSSCC Ontario region email that was sent out on April 21, here is your new Ontario region board;
Jennifer Jones Region Chair person (acclamation)
Katty Santerre Region secretary/treasurer (standing)
Lee Hanrahan Region Trial director(appointed)
Julia Stemp Region show director. (appointed)
AGM Date and location will be announced as soon as date has been fully confirmed.
Any questions please reach out. Email can be sent to
Ontario Region Secretary/Treasurer
It is with profound sadness that we note the sudden passing of Gerard Ouimet. Gerard has long been an inspiration, an indomitable spirit, in the sport of Schutzhund. We salute you, Gerard, and our deepest sympathies to all who loved you. Rest pain-free old friend.
Election is for the positions of Regional Chairperson and Regional Show Director in 2022.
A nomination form completed as per the instructions on the form and signed by the respective parties as indicated, must be received by the Election Committee Chairperson no later than midnight February 21, 2022
Nomination forms are found on the Ontario Region website at https://ontarioschutzhund.com/home/member-info
Each candidate will be notified upon receipt of the nomination.
Elections will be conducted electronically.
Election Committee Chair
February 05, 2021 : 2021 Renewals
As this historic pandemic rages on, there’s a very strong possibility that more events will have to be cancelled.
I will update you as the Board of Directors makes these extremely important decisions regarding all events. The Board understands that all of this may cause emotional, social and financial hardships for our members.
As a result, we have unanimously agreed to extend every GSSCC membership for one year. No payment will be required this year and no further action is needed from members. Your membership won’t expire until 2022.
Memberships that have already been renewed in 2021 will be extended to 2023.
The Board wants to thank every member for your support.
Stay healthy GSSCC members!
- People must follow the social distance (2 metres) or wear a mask/face shield
- When reporting in and out maintain the 2 metre distance
- Articles are not handed over to the judge or track layer
- Handlers can use their own dumbbell(s)
- Handler will not turn over the stick to the judge
- Handler can wear a glove when they receive the stick from the helper and either give it back to the helper or lay it on the ground after they report out
- Handler MUST wash their hands after every critique and before trialing in each phase
- Ensure no more than the maximum number of people allowed by the province are in attendance including all officials, handlers etc..
- The club must ensure everyone follows the social distance rule and/or wear a proper mask and/or face shield
- They will not sell food or drinks
- They must have washroom facilities where social distancing can be adhered to
- They must have hand cleaning stations and ample hand sanitizer at the tracking field and field for obedience and protection
- They must have a supply of proper masks and/or face shields for all volunteers working the trial.
- Ensure the trial manager receives dumbbells from the handler and that the handler has their name on them.
- It is up to the judge if they want to attend the trial (i.e. flying, staying at a hotel etc..)
- Must follow local government restrictions if in place (i.e. 14-day quarantine)
- Must follow the social distance rule or wear a mask/or face shield
- Will not require the handler to report in or out within 2 metres
- Will not take the stick from the handler to give to the helper, the handler will either give it back to the helper or lay it on the ground after reporting out
- Will not take the found articles from the handler, will just observe them
- When completing the trial summary sheet wear a mask and/or face shield
- Must follow the social distance rule or wear a mask and/or face shield
- Ensure the committee responsibilities as previously detailed are met
- When giving the trial paperwork to the judge and when completing the trial summary sheet, wear a mask and/or face shield
- Will receive the handler’s dumbbells and ensure they are properly marked with the handler’s name OR
- If a handler does NOT have their own dumbbell the club must ensure the dumbbells are properly cleaned/ disinfected after each use.
- Must follow the social distance rule or wear a mask and/or face shield
- Must wear a mask and/or face shield when within 2 metres of the helper, such as picking up the dog at the helper, disarming the helper, side transport, etc..
- A mask or face shield would NOT be required for exercises where no one is within 2 metres of the handler, example such as the blind search
- Must wash hands before reporting in and after the critique.
- Before the trial begins if the handler has their own dumbbells (all levels) they can use them. Ensure they are marked with the handler’s name and given to the trial manager. If they do not have their own dumbbells the club must provide disinfected dumbbells.
- Will bring their own water or if its provided by the club the outside of the bottles will be disinfected
- Can wear a mask and/or face shield if they wish but not mandatory
- No spitting anywhere
- Can wear a glove as per trial rules
Due to the ongoing issues surrounding the COVID-19 epidemic, the Ontario Regional Championship and Sieger show will be cancelled for 2020.
Thank you to Saugeen Schutzhund club for your hard work organizing the event to this point.
Saugeen has agreed to host the 2021 Ontario Regional Championship Sieger show as they already have the infrastructure in place for this year’s event.
Thank you all. Please be safe.
Hank Bowden, Chairperson, Ontario Region, GSSCC.
The position of Chairperson has been filled by Hank Bowden by acclamation.
The position of Secretary/Treasurer has been filled by Katty Santerre by acclamation.